Wednesday 21 March 2018

Tips For Making Money

It can be a bit tricky to earn money in Styling Star as there aren't too many methods that will earn money fast. Fast money making methods from the previous game Fashion Forward  were removed in the new game such as rent money from the Caprice Chalet and Designer Lounge commission requests. However there are still some useful methods you can use in Styling Star to earn money.

The best trick to earn money is the utilise the messenger system in the phone menu and invite Chic image customers to your boutique. These types of customers will have large budgets such as $10,000 or $30,000 and will spend the largest amount of money at the boutique out of all the styles/images. The picture below shows how I made $32,155 in one day by only serving three chic customers.



Here are the steps you can follow to make quick and easy cash in Styling Star:



Step 1
Stock up on items from Enid Chen and ARIANNA. Ensure you purchase the most expensive items from the brands as you will make a large profit back from selling them. Sales are a excellent time to stock up on items and make sure to use the restock app from the phone menu. The ideal items you should stock up on include:
  • Diamond Watch
  • Elegant Boston Bag
  • Stylish Shopper Bag
  • Pattern Drawstring Bag
  • Crystal Collar Necklace
  • Jewelled Fringe Necklace
  • Jewelled Choker
  • Jewelled Chandelier Earrings
  • Thigh High Boots
  • Quilted Knee Boots
  • Organdie Ribbon Dress
  • Faux-Fur Robe
  • Leopard Print Faux Fur Coat


Step 2
Open the messaging app and invite Chic customers to come to the boutique for a new outfit. You can invite three customers per day and you must have a decent amount of hearts with them to invite them to the boutique. You can check if a customer likes the chic image by checking their details for their favourite image. Here are examples of customers you can invite that love the chic image:
  • Alexis
  • Angelique
  • April
  • Carmen
  • Cerise
  • Gillian Grace
  • Heather
  • Jamie-Lee
  • Kiki Summers
  • Lily
  • Lorelei
  • Lorina
  • Martine
  • Matilda
  • Mikiko
  • Nadia
  • Nicolette
  • Petra
  • Portia
  • Sybil
  • Tammy
  • Vicky

Step 3
Head over to the boutique at the time you stated for the customer to visit. Talk to them and they will ask for an outfit that you think suits them. When the selection screen appears, you will notice their budget is quite large. Open the search menu and select the following criteria: Enid Chen, ARIANNA, Chic, $300+ Price. Now select an outfit for them from items that belong to those search categories. Follow these handy tips when creating an outfit:
  • Keep seasons in mind - customers will not wear long sleeve items in summer. In the winter months, layer on the clothes to sell more items at once. I.e. select a top, inner and an outer all together. Put tights on under pants.
  • Make use of accessories! They can bump the total price up dramatically when items such as watches or earrings are added to an outfit.
  • You can resell items to a customer that you have given to them before, provided they are currently not wearing it. I cycle through the different colours of watches or earrings with chic customers.
  • Always try to use the most expensive items if you want to make money fast. The outfit may look terrible, but the money is worth it.
  • If you don't have an item in a category with the search criteria entered, take the price search feature off and select other items from Enid Chen or ARIANNA that fall under the chic image that are a cheaper price.
  • Use Purple Moon items if you have them. They have a high price tag and it's a good way to clear them out.
  • Some items will not go together. For example, a light jacket doesn't fit with a party dress as the picture below demonstrates.


Step 4
Serve all three customers that you invited that day and at the end of the day, the game will show you the total amount made that day. Using this method, you can make over $30,000 per day.

Step 5
Repeat the process each day! Invite more chic image customers to your boutique to sell more outfits. A good trick to use is to work through the list of chic customers in a row. For example, invite Alexis, Angelique and April on the first day and then Cerise, Gillian Grace and Heather the next day. Occasionally a customer will decline the invitation but you can just invite them another day.

Make sure you keep your stock from Enid Chen and ARIANNA at a good level so that you always have high priced items in stock to sell to chic customers. Use the restock app if you need to quickly stock up on items.


So that is the best method to use to make money fast in Styling Star. Using this method, I was able to increase my money from $32,000 to $150,000 in only a few days. There are some other methods you can use to make money and these are listed below:

Menswear Shop
It seems you do earn money at the Menswear Shop, the game just doesn't bring it up as a amount of the screen. Work at the Menswear Shop when you have no customers at the boutique. Male customers will often spend more than female customers and always request full outfits rather than one single item.

Mannequin - Purple Moon Items
The mannequin is the best way to sell Purple Moon items. Use the search function to select an image and choose Purple Moon items from that image. Customers will only buy Purple Moon items if it matches their image and the outfit belongs to one style. Outfits from Purple Moon are often made up of multiple images, for example the top may belong to preppy whilst the skirt belongs to chic. So you cannot sell complete outfit sets on the mannequin if the items do not belong to one single image.

Utilise The Mannequin
Always make sure you have an outfit on the store mannequin and sell it as soon as customers are interested. It's an easy way to get rid of items without much effort. 

Design Centre
Make sure you upload designs to the Design Centre for other players to buy. Upload anything you have designed onto the internet for other players to download and purchase. Please price your items at a reasonable price point so players are encouraged to purchase it. I've seen a basic dress priced for $99,999 recently and a shirt for $30,000. Don't abuse the system and set ridiculous amounts as it will turn players off from purchasing them and makes it difficult to find nice items.

This outfit is priced at a reasonable $600 for all four items.

Buying Miniatures & Make-Up
When your funds are running low or you're early on in the game, don't go crazy buying all the miniatures and make-up available each day as it will drain your cash quickly. The make-up items will always be available and miniatures cycle around so there will always be a chance to purchase them.

Purple Moon
Don't stock up on too many items from this brand at once as the brand is on the pricier side and items can be difficult to sell. You can sell back Purple Moon items if they aren't selling or moving quickly. You also don't make much profit back on Purple Moon items.

Shopdo
Regularly update the outfits available on your Shopdo. This is an easy way to make money and is also fun as you get to create different outfits. You can create medium to high priced outfits with images such as gothic and chic.

Example of a Shopdo outfit.

34 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting hte list for who likes chic things! I noticed the same thing but I didn't know who I could call to get my money filled up.

    There is also 1 event in the game, where Yolanda's mother comes in for the first time. She asks for Chorale, and if you give her a good outfit, she asks to buy everything you have. If you allow her to (the other option besides 'but my precious stock') she will buy EVERYTHING you have of Chorale. To my understanding this is a scripted event - BUT - if you can know it is going to occur, and fill your stock with all the Chorale you have... I made over 50k in one sale and almost dropped my 3DS. I didn't think the game would allow it! Just a tip for.. new or returning players!

    Love your site, been following you since Style Boutique 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list of customers is very useful. Check through your contacts list also to see if you have any other girls that I haven't listed that like chic.

      Yes I have information on the event with Yolanda's mother in the walkthrough guide as it occurs at a particular time in the story. These tips are more for after you've completed the main story line.

      Thanks for visiting my guides :)

      Delete
  2. these customers will also take purple moon. i have shoved gillian into purple moon everyday for a week straight, they dont seem to mind as long as it is pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did list Purple Moon as an option. I prefer to use items from Enid Chen and ARIANNA as they can have a price tag of at least $2000 per item instead of the $999 from Purple Moon. It's a great way to get rid of Purple Moon items though

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for this guide! It's super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Hope this helps you earn lots of money!

      Delete
  4. I found out that you can also earn a designer's fee from styling idols at NIN10 Productions. However, that's only in the main game. You can't collect the fees afterwards. When I've purchased all the clothing items in the game, I may start another New Game+ just to get the fees again and to sell all my Chorale stock to Margot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't list the designer's fee as you can only get it during the main game and these tips are designed more for afterwards.

      Delete
  5. I have a couple of comments about the Chic customers strategy.

    First, I've managed to find a few Chic customers who aren't listed here: Carmen, Mikiko, and Martine. If I find any more I'll add them.

    Second, you CAN resell items to customers, but not if they're listed in the "purchase history" menu (which can be clicked on in the Contacts menu or before you talk to a customer). Thankfully only the last 4 purchases are included in the menu, but you should still check the list and try to remember what's on it (or just take a picture) before you try to pick out an outfit for a customer. If you end up showing them an item they already have they'll be disappointed and leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those names! I'll add them to the list. I've never encountered them in the game.

      I've had customers reject items saying I've sold it to them before even though it's not in their last four outfits. It only really happens if you give them an outfit made of about 70% items they already have or a single item. I tend to sell the same items to people because of the high price tag so I encounter it every now and then.

      Delete
    2. I just ran into this myself where a chic customer rejected my outfit saying she had several of the same items already. Looks like I'll have adjust my strategy a bit since it means you can't sell the same outfit continuously. It's a bit weird because I've been getting away with it for a while now. Honestly, what do they expect us to do to make big bucks, lol.

      Now I'm curious. For example, if you were to sell every item in the chic image to a chic customer (meaning that they possess every possible item that they will accept), would it be possible to "dead-end" that customer and be unable to sell them anything anymore (including full outfits) because they already have everything?

      Delete
    3. That is indeed what does happen occasionally. I find it's only if the outfit has too many items you have sold them recently. I've been able to get around it by just repeatedly selling items such as bags, bracelets and accessories. They tend not to notice those.

      It technically is possible I guess, but it would take a long time to do. I've been selling the same chic items to the same girls for a while and haven't run into too much trouble because I varied the clothing items around.

      Delete
  6. Do you have any tips on how to sell mannequin outfits? I always have an outfit on the mannequin (and make sure to put on new outfits every now and then) but I very rarely get an interested customer. It's really weird, because in the last game mannequin outfits sold very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tip I have is the method I use. I just start from the top of the image list with lively and make an outfit from that theme. Once the lively outfit as sold, I move onto the next theme and just work down the list. I've found that the best method to selling outfits as I actually get interested customers. Also don't make the outfits too expensive, I find customers want lower or medium priced outfits. You can make the chic ones expensive, but make these on rare occasions.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the advice! Man, I really hate how much harder they've made things this time around :/

      Delete
    3. No problem. The mannequin doesn't work too well in Styling Star

      Delete
  7. I've discovered a way to make money off of the more expensive items. Sometimes, the chic brands and Purple Moon will have sales on the 5th, 15th, and 25th of each month. You could purchase items from said brands on those days and then sell them at a higher price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I used to do that when I was collecting items. But I didn't list it as it wasn't a major method.

      Delete
  8. Marzi,

    I discovered a wiki about New Style Boutique 3, and it had a list of customers found in the game. I'm not sure if it's the complete list or there are still some customers missing, but Heather is not on there. Here's the link:

    http://styleboutique.wikia.com/wiki/New_Style_Boutique_3:_Customer_Guide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That person may not have had Heather visit them so she isn't in their contacts. I'm still encountering new customers in the game, so that would most likely be the reason.

      Delete
  9. I was really desperate to get rid of my overflowing PURPLE MOON stock, so I did the unthinkable and called Angelique to my shop. Then I dressed her from head to toe in lively PURPLE MOON. She bought it. So don't be too afraid to dress the characters you called in other styles than their main. :D

    (I play European version if that makes difference)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelique seems quite picky with her outfits, so it's great to hear Purple Moon worked out for you. What set did you use by the way?

      I usually just put one Purple Moon item on the mannequin occasionally or if gothic characters come in, I give them Purple Moon if they have high budgets. Also works with bold customers, that's how I get rid of my cat ears. Some items I just sell back because I'm never going to use gloves and stuff.

      Delete
    2. I dressed her as a cow and then added some several white festive stuff in there. It was winter after all. I tried to call Camilla and some random customers too and tried to sell them way different styles and it worked. I got rid of all stocked PURPLE MOON items in several days IRL.

      It's also good trying to clear stock, since when you call a customer, they have more spending money than when they come on their own. I have sold so many yukatas and expensive bags this way

      So, basically
      1. Call a customer
      2. Dress them up in any style, within their budget (lively and basic ones have often under 1000. gothic, babydoll, preppy and chic have enough money for several PURPLE MOON pieces)
      3. ??????
      4. ka-ching

      Delete
    3. Haha I can't believe the cow outfit worked! I do like the festive items, I use them quite often especially the white one.

      I barely work at the boutique now as I never have any customers. I wish the amount of customers was like Fashion Forward as I always had so many and now I'll barely get 6 customers a day.

      Delete
  10. I found someone else who is not on the list. It's Lorelei.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added her to the list! I rarely have her visit so I've never noticed her spending amount much.

      Delete
  11. I have a question I previously tried with a costumer to sell her an outfit sell her another outfit then sold her the previous outfit again and she said "I already have some of these Items" so does that mean if I sell something to one of the customer I can't sell it again to the same customer or do I have to wait then I can sell the customer that item again please do respond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to wait until the end of the month then you can sell that item again (I think)

      Delete
    2. Well you don't need to wait THAT long because if you buy two old things that the customer already have then you buy two new things that the customer don't have then you can put it into a outfit then you can sell it at the end of the month it reset so you don't have to balance new and old to sell it

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the info

      Delete
  12. So I started playing this game maybe around two or three days ago and after I saw this post now I have 248,949,70 dollars in my game and I only used 1 customer to get more than 100,000,00 dollars and she was Matilda but after selling her a BUNCH of Enid Chen outfits the stuff that she hadn't bought was starting to decrease rapidly and I was early on in the game but I still did it how by doing a simple trick you just buy 2 things you already sold to the customer (for me Matilda) then buy two new things I recommend just going to the exhibition hall then just buy something that have no icon in the corner then put it into an outfit and BOOM outfit sold there you got a bunch of money hope this helps out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using this method I was able to get matilda to full heart's and she has visited my shop 89 times now LOL

      Delete
  13. If you want to clear out your stock JUST CALL MATILDA

    ReplyDelete