Wednesday 16 May 2018

Hairstyle Guide

There are a large number of hairstyles on offer in Style Boutique 3: Styling Star ranging from short styles to updos such as pigtails or cat ears. The method for unlocking hairstyles is different to the one in Fashion Forward. In Fashion Forward, you had to locate certain characters to unlock styles or work at the hair salon and unlock them at random. In Styling Star, hairstyles automatically unlock whilst you progress through the main story line of the game. Once you complete the main story line, all the hairstyles will be available. The hairstyles of the main girl characters such as Angelique and Camilla become available once you complete the main story line.

The hairstyles are divided into the following categories in the game.
Short = 11 styles.
Medium = 23 styles
Long =  22 styles
Fringes = 29 styles

Some hair styles do not have a fringe option such as bobs or side swept. A number of hairstyles that were featured in Fashion Forward have unfortunately been removed in Styling Star. The Bob and Updo categories have been removed and the hairstyles that remained in that category were moved to other categories. The pictures below show what each hairstyle looks like and all hairstyles (excluding fringes) were styled using the swept back fringe option.

Short Styles
Curly Crew Cut (No Fringe Available)
Slicked Back (No Fringe Available)
Short & Spiky
Side Swept Bob (No Fringe Available)
Straight Bob
Pageboy (No Fringe Available)
Casual Bob
Tousled Crop (No Fringe Available)
Rounded Bob (No Fringe Available)
Straight Casual Short (No Fringe Available)
Chic Short Cut (No Fringe Available)








Medium Styles
Flicked Layers
Shoulder-Length Halk Ponytail
Medium Loose Curl
Short Pigtails
Looped Plaited Pigtails
Double Buns
Chignon
Messy Buns
High Side Ponytail
Natural Side Ponytail
Curly Side Ponytail
Straight Pigtails
High Plaited Pigtails
Hair Bow
Wavy Bob
Curled Under Bob
Asymmetrical Punk (No Fringe Available)
Bouncy Spiral Curls (No Fringe Available)
Ballet Bun
High Ponytail
Casual Side Ponytail
High Hair Bow
Volumised Midi (No Fringe Available)













Long Styles
Long & Straight
Long Ribbon Curls
Side-Swept Waves (No Fringe Available)
Side Ponytail
Plaited Pigtails
Long Pigtails
Long Plaited Pigtails
Side Ponytail With Braids
Ribbon Curled Side Ponytail
Volumised High Pigtails
High Ribbon Curl Pigtails
High Half Pigtails
Low Ponytail
Messy Ponytail
Cat Ears
Long Elegant Waves
Long Plaited Half-Updo
Bouffant
Bubble Pigtails
Asymmetrical Straight Cut (No Fringe Available)
Long Loose Ringlets (No Fringe Available)
Ear-Tucked Long













Fringe Styles
Swept Back
Wavy Centre Parting
Centre Parting
Lifted Centre Parting
Soft Centre Parting
Pompadour
Short Fringe
Face-Framing Fringe
Full Fringe
Right-Swept Plaited Fringe
Left-Swept Plaited Fringe
Thick Fringe
Choppy Full Fringe
M-Shaped Fringe
Choppy Short Fringe
Left-Swept Asymmetric Fringe
Right-Swept Asymmetric Fringe
Right-Swept Point-Cut Fringe
Left-Swept Point-Cut Fringe
Left-Swept Tight Fringe
Right-Swept Tight Fringe
Left-Swept Natural Side-Fringe
Right-Swept Natural Side-Fringe
Left-Swept Diagonal Fringe
Right-Swept Diagonal Fringe
Volumised Centre parting
Rough-Cut Fringe
Casual Wavy Fringe
Uneven Short Fringe









12 comments:

  1. hello is this a glitch? i seem to be getting rosie asking me to meet her at the station for the open air festival. but iv gone to the station for that event and it doesnt come up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I don't own or manage this blog I just love style boutique and have completed styling star.
      Rosie does perform at the open air Festival her song depends on wich style outfit you choose either girly or rock but I haven't encountered this glitch this part ran smoothly for me Nintendo haven't issued any updates for the game so I don't know what to suggest you could either reset your game though you sound as if you have progressed quite far so that's up to you but I thought I'd just post this to help you.
      Hope it sorts itself out.
      Thanks.

      Delete
    2. You may need to just wait for the event to trigger. Some of the story events I had to wait for as it occurs a certain day or time. Just keep working at the boutique or other shops and it should happen. That's what I did whilst waiting for events to happen, some took a week in game for me.

      Delete
  2. Did they remove the side braid/plait!? D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how hair looks in this game compared to the others, but I miss some hairstyles like the side braid, I wonder why they removed them. I'm also happy that it's easier to unlock them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The side braid was such a classic look, I was actually looking for it the other day and totally forgot it wasn't included. I wish they had kept all the styles and just added new ones in.

      Delete
  4. I get called to the salon but when I go no one is there except cece. Also when I message people to meet me at the salon they agree to meet but again when I get there no one is there. I've not yet been able to do hair or beauty yet have been playing the game for hours. Any reason why I can't seem to meet customers at the salon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a similar issue with customers asking me to visit them at the hair salon but never finding them. You might need to clear everyone out of the locations first before new ones can appear. Sometimes only two out of the three customers you message will show up, I've found that at the boutique.

      Delete
  5. There is a lot of makeup on offer in Style Boutique 3: Styling Star?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I don't get new hairstyles anymore? Is this a bug? I don't know what to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe it is a bug as some players have noted big gaps between obtaining new hairstyles. I know I was getting frustrated at now getting new ones even though I was working at the hair salon non-stop.

      Delete