Sunday 26 November 2017

New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star Released!

New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star was released in Europe and Australia last weekend! The game is available either as a physical copy or as a digital download from the Nintendo eShop. I got the physical copy and it was bit of nightmare trying to track down/pre-order the game as it is hard to find here sometimes (I talk more about getting the game over at my other blog Marzipan Wonderland). But all that matters is that I have it!



I've played 6 hours already of the game, would've been more but I worked all weekend and didn't have the time to play. It's a fun game so far and there is an interesting story involving girls becoming super stars in the singing world. The new items I've seen at the Exhibition Hall are amazing and some are quite amusing in their design, especially the weird giant cape ones I've seen. Planning to spend a fair amount of time playing through the story line the next few days to complete it. Should get a guide up in the next few days, I'm just enjoying playing the game at the moment

17 comments:

  1. What did you name town and your shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm boring and named my town Tokyo. My shop is called Cocopuri. I'm not very imaginative with names haha.

      Delete
    2. Well mine is ok for the shop it's Fashion code from my dream one time and for the town it pretty boring because it is called Poppy from my game Tomodachi life for 3ds

      Delete
    3. Nice names :) I didn't call my city the same name as my Animal Crossing town Sunbury as I didn't feel it suited it.

      Delete
    4. The game's not out here yet, but I'm planning on naming my town Magnolia and my shop Fantasia :)

      Delete
    5. Nice names :) Fantasia reminds me of Purple Moon's Japanese name Fantania

      Delete
    6. I called my city Star City because I felt it fit theme of the game, which is styling up rising stars. And my shop is called Mic-Tastic.

      Delete
    7. I really like that name! It's super creative :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that the new items are fantastic! At the moment, I'm most curious about the new network features.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked out the new online features yet, but I will soon! I believe you can buy items from other players.
      The new items are amazing! I love some of the dresses!

      Delete
    2. I rewatched one of the launch trailers (because my hype has nowhere to go) and you can sell your custom-designed items to other players. Is it only custom items, or can you sell regular outfits as well?

      I'd love to be able to sell custom makeup kits too, maybe they'll consider that for the next game.

      Delete
    3. I've been focusing on playing the main story so I haven't explored the design items too much. So I'm not sure exactly sure if it includes normal outfits.
      Custom make-up kits would be great as everyone always have such unique ideas for colour combinations.

      Delete
    4. I'm really curious about the design mode! Does it look like it has a lot more stuff than the previous game? I hope it's easier to layer this time around! I was really disappointed in the lack of options in Trendsetters.

      Delete
    5. The Design Items are pretty much the same. There are three added stage costumes which are pretty neat. That's pretty much it. You can make emblems and post your designer items online.
      Other than that, there are lots of new features in other areas of the game and the new items look great. You don't need to unlock anything really, most stuff becomes available as you progress through the story line and increase in Stylist Rank.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if you have played up to it yet but the songs eventually become japanese instead of the english trasnlated ones XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished the main story line :) Yes I did notice it, maybe they gave up with english lyrics. I prefer the Japanese ones anyway as I love J-Pop.

      Delete