Sunday 17 September 2017

Girls Mode 4: Star☆Stylist - Japanese Launch Trailer

The launch trailer for Girls Mode 4: Star☆Stylist was recently revealed during a Nintendo Direct. Girls Mode 4 is the Japanese version of New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star and will be released on November 2nd in Japan. The trailer shows a new character walking around a fictional city and visiting various locations. It showcases images of new and recurring clothing items and accessories that will be included in the game.



The trailer hinted at locations from Girls Mode 3/Style Boutique 2 returning in the new game. These locations include the cafe and live music club. Various scenes of boutiques and a fashion show were shown in the trailer.






A mobile phone is shown in the trailer hinting at the possibility of the mobile phone menu having more features in the new game. A social network or feed is shown that showcases various images of different outfits. Hopefully this will mean a more extensive online mode will be included in the game unlike Girls Mode 3/Style Boutique 2 which had a lackluster online feature limited to only downloaded rooms for the Caprice Chalet or visiting friends via local play to only take photos. The phone displays Avex Group on the screen which is a large entertainment company in Japan.



One scene of the trailer shows a Retrobeat dress that was available in Girls Mode 3/Style Boutique 2, so we can be sure items featured in the previous game will be returning. There will be over 20,000 items in Girls Mode 4/Style Boutique 3, up from 19,000 in the previous game. Exciting new items have been added and they were hinted at in the trailer. Jewellery has been expanded beyond earrings, necklaces and glasses with watches and bracelets being shown in the trailer. Another new feature hinted at is nail polish and this will most likely be part of the Beautician section of the game.





A variety of new characters were shown in the launch trailer. No confirmation of their names or roles within the game yet. It has been stated that your character's story will be influenced by your choice of style and work at the boutique. The photo below shows two new characters who were shown in the trailer. One girl is dressed in feminine/girl fashion whilst the other is dressed in lively/psychedelic fashion. Some of the clothing items worn by the characters have not been included in previous games so maybe this could mean new items or possibly a brand to be included in Girls Mode 4/Style Boutique 2.



7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for this game, although I was hoping it would come for the Switch.(Let's hope for the next one ^_^) Also I found on the japanese website of Nintendo Some images of the game, maybe you can make an analysis like you did with the trailer. Another thing, the japanese Nintendo Youtube channel has 2 trailers and one of them has also some actual gameplay! :)
    Here's the Girls Mode 4 website and exciting images:
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/50010000042522
    https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajbj/index.html
    It seems like some of the images are not there anymore, good thing I saved them before they got taken out :) Maybe I can send them to you if you want me to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have seen them, I was planning on doing another post on the gameplay trailer. I have some images saved also, so they are probably those ones.

      I'm excited for the game too!! I'm happy it came out on the 3DS as I don't have a switch.

      Delete
    2. Well I don't have a Switch either, but I'm saving up money to buy it on Christmas :)

      Delete
    3. I meant that I just would love to see the game in HD graphics ^_^

      Delete
    4. I've used my friend's Switch console and it's good, especially Mario Kart. The joycons are a bit small for me though. I haven't got a Switch because there's no good games that interest me yet and they're quite expensive.

      HD graphics would be amazing!

      Delete
  2. Maybe some day we'll get a Style Savvy Switch...Style Savvy in HD would be pretty great.

    Meanwhile, I'm pretty hyped about the cow hoodie in that trailer, haha.

    ReplyDelete