Saturday 4 August 2018

Brands - Basic U

There are a variety of brands featured in Style Boutique 3/Style Savvy 4 that cater to all tastes in fashion. One of the brands is Basic U which focuses on simple and casual fashion. The game lists the following description for the brand "The definite brand for everyday wear. Basic U is reasonably priced and offers clothes in a wide variety of colours". 



Basic U's main image is Basic and clothing items in the brand also fall under the following images: lively, girly, bold, feminine and preppy. Penny returns as the brand representative for Basic U in Styling Star and some items from Streetflow have been moved to Basic UFor the Basic U brand, each section of clothing contains the following amount of items:
  • Inner = 356
  • Tops = 392
  • Outer = 152
  • Trousers = 137
  • Skirts = 94
  • Dresses = 92
  • Socks = 163
  • Leg Warmers = 36
  • Gloves = 15
  • Bags = 56
  • Bracelets/Watches/Bangles = 4
  • Shoes = 103
  • Necklaces = N/A
  • Scarves = 25
  • Earrings = N/A
  • Accessories = 14
  • Headwear = 68

Items from the brand fall under the following images and the number of items belonging to each image is listed as well:
  • Lively = 74
  • Eastern = N/A
  • Basic = 1707
  • Girly = 69
  • Psychedelic = N/A
  • Boho- Chic = N/A
  • Gothic = N/A
  • Baby-Doll = N/A
  • Bold = 109
  • Rock = N/A
  • Chic = N/A
  • Feminine = 142
  • Preppy = 35

Here are examples of some of the new clothing items that appear in Styling Star from the Basic U brand:






Here are some photo shoots showcasing outfits made from items from the Basic U brand.








8 comments:

  1. Out of curiosity, how many items does the game say you have in your restock app? I've come to the conclusion that there are 18874 clothing items in the game due to the fact that 1. your assistant claims you can fit all the items now, 2. i've tried buying more than one of an item from the brand reps and buying more than one of the same item does NOT affect the stock space (it seems to only count per item, so 10 of a basic u inner counts as 1 basic u inner for inventory reasons). The closet, I've noticed, gives you skewed numbers because some items double as inners/outers/tops, so the total amount of things you can buy from the restock app, which does not lump items together, seems to be a more accurate number in terms of "do i have everything yet."

    I'm mostly asking because max stock space is, according to the brand rep center, 18874, and right now, according to MY restock app, I have 18872, which would imply that I have 2 more items to get, but there's always a chance that the total amount is in fact 18872. You said you had all the items, so I was just curious, lol. Thanks for these guides, they've made my quest to get all the items much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The restock app doesn't show all the items, it will only show a selection from each brand. I've tested it out with a few brands and it will not bring up all the items. You need to check the amounts from your wardrobe at the apartment. It is correct that items are lumped together, the previous games Japanese guides had the same method.

      The restock app seems to show items that are relevant to the season the game is currently in and main items from brands, i.e. socks or basic tops. I've tried to buy an item once only to notice it wasn't currently in season or available in the restock app.

      Thanks for checking out my guides! The brand ones are hard to make as there is no official Japanese guide for the game to reference like previous games so it's taken some time to work out if I had all the items.

      Delete
    2. That's very strange, it brings up all the items for me and lets me buy out of season items - I'm in January and it just let me buy a bunch of bikini tops.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I think it's just weird with how it decides which items to sell. It definitely doesn't bring all the items up for the brand though, so I guess it just selects a bunch to show you. Best to check the amounts from the wardrobe as that shows all the items.

      Delete
    4. No, I'm saying it DOES bring all the items up for me. If I say, compare the amount of dresses from Basic U from the wardrobe, to the ones the restock app sells, it's the same number. An easy way to test is with the purse brands - I have the same number of bags in both the closet AND the restock app. The only numbers that are "wrong" are the inners/tops/outers, because the closet lists the same item in multiple categories and the restock app doesn't.

      Delete
    5. That's good it lists all the items :) I know myself and some other players were discussing this a while ago and found if you search for the brands, it displays different amounts. Maybe it just occurs at different times in the year. I know I searched for April Bonbon once and it gave me different amounts. And other time, it wouldn't let me restock watches from Enid Chen. So it seems if differs from time to time.

      Delete
    6. yeah, the watch thing might be a glitch but if you search the brands, you're going to get different amounts because the closet counts certain items multiple times and adds that to the total. but i've gotten weird bugs in this game before so who knows.

      Delete
    7. Yeah it was searching by brands. I wanted to restock on Enid Chen watches which I knew I had, but the restock app wouldn't bring them up. Same with some bags from ARIANNA. I rarely use the restock app apart from stocking up on expensive items.

      Yes the game does have some strange bugs

      Delete